Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Gotta Move Blues

I wish I could say that I'm a positive person, but I you and I both know I'd be lying.  I'm not a total negative Nancy but I definitely have my fair share of "why me?" moments.  You know, the kind of moments where you realize you need to move and you have no money, time, or energy to do it.  Yeah.  Poor me. 

We've been living in an apartment for the last year, but to me, it feels like its been a decade.  I've forgotten what the comforts of a house really feel like.  Between $3 loads of coin operated laundry and the unrelenting 'shushing' I'm forced to dish out to my shrieking toddler, I'm SO over apartment living.  

Ryan and I are in complete agreement that our next living space ideally not share walls.  I want it to be okay for Grace to scream her little heart out, without worrying about irritating everyone in the building.  Sadly, buying a home isn't really an option for us yet, so rentals it is.  


Wait, what's that?   Ahhh, it's just that warm familiar feeling of throwing money down the drain towards something that will never really be yours. 

There's that negative Nancy attitude I swore I didn't have.  Truth is, I'm not really all that picky.  I'm okay with apartment living in general, but as are most things with a toddler, it gets a bit tricky when it comes to noise.  Lately, I find myself hoping for young neighbors; The type who stay up late and make lots of noise.  It's always nice not to feel like the biggest jerk in the building. 

Luckily, Grace hasn't seemed to notice her Mom's increasing disdain for their home.  She continues, as if the world is as perfect as it should be.  She just reads her stories, hugs her monkeys, and keeps on smiling.   



Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!
Please Vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...