Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Naps! Where the eff did you go?!

Not sure what the trouble is, or perhaps if this is just par for the toddler course, but whatever it is - pretty much sucks.  

For quite some time now, Grace has been taking only one nap a day.  I'm okay with that.  I love  that.  I need that.  After a long day of chasing an extremely active toddler around, it is beyond necessary that I get at least an hour of "me" time; Time to clean, time to eat, time to watch really crappy television, and time to relax

But for reasons unknown to me, Grace has voted napping off of the island and decided 11am to 11pm is fine for her.  As you can imagine, I am NOT okay with this.   

After a few rather trying days, ones that involved zero napping and quite a bit of fussing, I was determined to stay positive, deciding this was the exception and not the new rule. 

WRONG.  WRONG.  WRONG. 
The upside to my child, aka the anti-nap, is that she's super adorable and really difficult to be in a bad mood around. I've managed to stay ahead of the impending breakdown caused by this sudden schedule change, but I know it's coming.  



 In efforts to tire my munchkin down, we went on a long fall walk all around town.  For a moment, it seemed to be working!  Grace was dozing off in the wagon on the way home, bobbing her head up and down hilariously.  As you can see from the picture to the right, she was seriously pissed at my attempted transfer from wagon to crib.





Needless to say, Grace is still up and ready to party.  Looks like it's gonna be a loooooong night. 

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs
Two clicks and you've made this day a lot less sucky!! Thanks!!

1 comment:

  1. Hers hoping she gets back on the napping train soon :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...