Thursday, September 29, 2011

Dear Grace

Dear Grace,  

As you nap peacefully this afternoon, I figure it's about time I write you another little letter.  I should be preparing dinner, but I'm really horrible at cooking and much prefer writing  - although I'm sure you already knew that. 

You're 13 months old and totally awesome.  You're smart as a whip and have such an adorable personality.  You still run the show around here and dictate what is and is not acceptable.  You know you're in charge and I think you take advantage of it!  You aren't saying too much yet but I know it is only a matter of time.  You say "Da-Da", "Duck", and occasionally "Ma.  Whats crazy though, is that you totally get what we're saying.  Our daily "Where's the ____" game is proof!  You can find your ball, your duck, your book, and your monkey - no problem.  It is amazing to watch you grow.


Lots of people around us are having babies and I'm getting a bit jealous!  We met a friend of yours yesterday, Milo, and it definitely made me want another one.  You watched as I held the little fella and seemed a big jealous yourself.  Don't worry Grace, it'll be a minute (aka: years) before we start thinking about #2.  Right now, we've got our hands full with you!


There's that face!
Your latest trick is your "sad" face.  You give this face to everyone you don't know.  I joke and say that you're judging them, but I'm not sure I'm too far off on that.  I think you may be doing just that!  Like all your other expressions, this one is adorable.  Secretly, I'm kinda happy that you save the smiles and hugs for us!  I will NEVER get enough of your little face!


As always, you're a happy little thing.  You run around, almost all the time, in your own little world.  You still LOVE music and make it a point to keep the tunes rolling all day long.  You're like me - you scan through the songs on your toys til' you get to the one you like!  Like mother, like daughter!  


Well, that is all I have to report this week.  You're a beautiful little girl and I'm so happy to be along for the ride.  I can't wait to see what comes next!  Love you, G. 


Love, Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...