Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mega Meltdowns and Projectile Yogurt.

Today was one of those day.  Crummy moods all around.  Grace and I sort of vibe off of each other.  Grace was pissed off.  So was I. Not at each other,  just at the world. You get the picture.

Nothing was easy today. Grace didn't want to eat.  Or play.  Or be held.  Or walk, or stroll, or ANYTHING.  I was picking up what she was laying down.  Grace didn't want to do anything and either did Momma. While I would have been satisfied having a "movie and half a bag of Oreos"  day, Grace wasn't super into that either.  Finally around 3pm, Grace and I peeled ourselves off the couch and started our day.  First stop, Babies R' Us.  I have mixed feelings on the store.  If money were no object, I'm sure I'd like it a lot more, but that certainly isn't the case.  With a reasonable goal in sight, Grace and I set forth to get formula and get the hell out.  With Grace's new found super mobility, sitting in the shopping cart NEVER goes over well.  With one leg in the appropriate spot and one leg slung over the shopping cart handle, Grace throws herself back and goes into mega meltdown mode.  It is right around this time when I look around and realize all of the Mommy-to-Be's are paralyzed with fear, unable to take their eyes of my shrieking child.  It takes all I have not to say "Good Luck!" as I carry Grace out of the store.


Worst. Idea. Ever.
Soon after our Babies R' Us meltdown, I realized coffee was imperative in the successful completion of this evening.  We stopped at Panera Bread and things started to turn around.  Momma had coffee, Grace had grilled cheese and we we're both becoming increasingly more pleasant.  As Grace nibbled peacefully at her bread crumbs, I skimmed through the newest Metro Parent and felt relieved.  Upon entering Panera, I predicted an early exit, but was pleasantly surprised!  For a moment, I wondered why Grace and I hadn't had more coffee dates.  This was going great! Then came the Go-Gurt explosion of 2011.  As a side for G's grilled cheese sandwich, I had limited choices.  Apple or Yogurt.  Obvious choice I thought.  Portable yogurt, how could that be a bad idea?  Upon cutting off the tip of the tube, Grace violently grabbed the end of the pouch and SHOT yogurt EVERYWHERE.  All over me, face to feet, all over her, all over our table and food, into the cavernous cracks of her stroller and all over her new tennis shoes.  I realized I left out a big of a shriek myself, out of sheer surprise, and now had an audience to the great Go-Gurt explosion.  As I frantically start cleaning everything up, Grace very casually starts licking everything she can, hoping for traces of strawberry yogurt.  Needless to say, we left in a hurry as the bus boy gave us dirty looks. 


After a long day of less than perfect public appearances, Grace and I are happily home, where G can run free and scream til' her hearts content.  I need not worry about projectile yogurt or public meltdowns.  With Grace's favorite show, Yo Gabba Gabba, echoing through the apartment, I can finally relax. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the new construction...good read and great pics

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...