Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sickies and Easter Eggs

This week has been full of firsts for Grace.  She has met her first Easter bunny, colored her first Easter eggs, and battled through her first cold.  Grace's meeting with the Easter bunny went remarkably well.  My fearless little girl leap right into the bunny's arms and couldn't stop grinning.  With little involvement on Grace's part, we successful colored Easter eggs for the first time as a family. Grace wasn't too interested in the process of dipping and drying, but was eager to put the finished eggs right into her mouth.  Lucky for us, Grace didn't notice when I switched the real eggs with their plastic clone, and was able to nibble at some baby safe imposter eggs.  Tonight, I will put Grace's first Easter basket together, filling plastic eggs with puffs and cheerios!

Now at the tail end of Grace's first cold, she's starting to get back to her cheerful norm. I couldn't help but want to cry when I saw her little sniffer all red from the week full of sniffles.  Although I'm sure Grace wasn't feeling her best, she maintained smiley throughout.  It's times like these when the love I have for her really overflows.  It has got to be one of the best feelings in the world when your child lays her weary head on your chest, trusting you completely. While I'm certainly glad Grace is feeling better, I will miss the sick cuddles. :( 

I love this little girl sooooooooooooo much! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...