Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Best. Baby. Ever.

As a fairly new mother, I've spent the better part of the last year reprioritizing my life.  I spend little time fretting over if my shoes match my top, if my toe nails are freshly polished, or if there is a stray Gerber Puff in my untamed hair.  Instead, I focus my hawk eye on the sanitation of grocery store shopping carts, my daily removal of all microscopic lint particles on the living room floor before they find their way into Grace's mouth, and my constant mental ledger of things Grace. It is for this reason that I travel to Targets, Krogers, and Meijers far and wide with disheveled hair and vomit laden blouses.  While I am typically overlooked, today I was reminded of my chaotic physical state. A child, no more that 6, passed me in the diaper isle at Target and in confused and disgusted tone asked his mother "Why is she wearing that?".  Just as I was mentally talking myself out of slapping the little twerp,  Ryan came around the corner with Grace on his hip and an humorous sneer on his face. Turn out this little boy had something to say about Ryan too.  "Why does he have a ponytail? He's not a girl is he?".  It was at this moment that Ryan and I collectively realized we hate all children - except for our little Grace.


I'm sure every parent believes their child is superior to others.  They are the cutest, funniest, best behaved child THEY know. In Grace's case, this is all true :).  Grace is exceptionally adorable, has a contagiously happy demeanor, and an absolutely delightful smile.  I realize I may be slightly biased and possibly delusional, but for the time being, I've got the best baby around.

Loving her Wagon!
Grace does however have one budding affliction.  Grace may very well grow up to be a spoiled brat! At the tender age of 7 months, Grace knows exactly how to get what she wants from those around her.  Lucky for us, this involves lots of cuddles and smiles, with the occasional grunt. Easter basket preparations have begun,  preparing to fill plastic eggs with Gerber Puffs and Cheerios.  Easter came early for Grace from her Grandma and Grandpa Hogan.  She got her very own wagon and LOVES it.  She goes crazy when we pull it out, climbs right into it, and sits back in full grin mode ready to roll!  With spring in bloom, we were all able to go into town and enjoy Grace's new wagon and a picnic in the park!  We're looking forward to many more wagon trips with our little lady!

Grace's blossoming mobility has our heads spinning. The only time she'll sit still is in the car, her stroller, or her wagon. Other than that, Grace is up and out, crawling like a maniac and scaling couches.  She's turning into such a little person, with an incredible sense of humor! She loves to play peek-a-boo and really loves Ryan and I's flare for silly faces.  While motherhood is certainly isn't easy, Grace's ability to be constantly happy and ever changing, definitely helps us navigate the rough patches.  

In other news, Grace's physical therapy is going great.  We just completed her second session with rave reviews on her progress.  I can imagine being picked up and "handled" throughout therapy is no picnic when you just want to play, but Grace is really cooperative!  She makes our job easy! 

With dishes in the sink and toys cluttering the floor, that is all for now.  Here's hoping I keep the posts coming!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...