Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Sickies SUCK

There are few things that rattle me quite like having an ill child.  That instant rush of panic when Grace's feverish skin touches mine is enough to send this momma into a hysteric frenzy. Fortunately I'm pretty good under pressure and after that initial urge to call 911 while in the car driving to the ER passes, I can get down to making my little nugget feel better.

On the menu tonight:  101º fever and a whole lotta crabby.  But after a nice dose of 'ty-tys' (Tylenol in adult talk), and a bowl of chicken noodle soup, Grace seemed no worse for the wear.  

Now, in the wee hours of the night (1am to be exact), the monitoring will begin.  For those of you mothers out there, you know exactly what I'm talking about.  Although our eyes are tired and we're aching for sleep, we stay awake; Listening for the faintest of sniffles or the meekest of moans.  

With any luck, Grace will sleep the night and be better by morning, but I know better than to hold my breath.  In true illness fashion, I expect this will get worse before it gets better. 
But hey, if a sick little girl can keep on smiling, why the hell can't I?


We Are A Top Baby Blog

1 comment:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...