Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Dear Grace

Dear Grace,

You're fourteen months old now and I can barely believe how far we've come.  You've blossomed into an absolutely darling little girl, who just happens to be brilliant and hilarious.  Each day is a challenge lately, in one capacity or another.  You're as active as ever and a little bit sassy.  It is your will to touch all things dangerous, ideally at a lightening pace.  Sometimes, I'm forced to 'discipline' you, and each time I do - it causes me at least an hour of post traumatic guilt.  Fortunately, there aren't too many situations that call for such discipline, although you have a recurrent "reach for the electric socket while looking at Mom to see what she's gonna do" thing, which will land you a nice firm "NO!" every time.  Like I said, I try to save my stern "Mom voice" for situations that really call for it, i.e. - viciously grabbing at electrical cords. 

You're absolutely hysterical these days.  You're picking up words like mad and aren't shy about mocking us whenever you get the chance.  Just the other day, you started blowing kisses.  It may just be the most darling things I've ever seen...

Winter is coming and I think we're both getting a little nervous.  Okay, maybe just me.  You don't seem to be affected by the chilly temperatures or the dwindling sunshine, but I'm predicting you'll get tired of these walls sooner rather than later.  I'm busy looking for Mommy and Me classes for us, to help ease the winter solitude - but haven't found the right one yet.  Grammy sent you new jacket with matching snow pants!  I couldn't wait to get you into them!  Can't wait to get your little butt in the snow!! 


It has been absolutely amazing to watch you blossom over the past 14 months.  It seems impossible that you were ever as tiny as you were, let alone that you were once inside me! I can't imagine being me without you.


You're keeping me busy little girl, but I wouldn't have it any other way (except for the cranky, napless ones, JK).  Looking forward to what else you have in store for us!  I love you so much.

Love,
Mama.  




Vote for us! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...