Saturday, October 15, 2011

Dear Grace

Dear Grace,

Today, you and I shared our first real "shop til' you drop" day.  With a few goals, you and I hit the mall with a vengeance.  As you get older, you become a lot more 'travel friendly' but you still get really impatient when I make you sit still for too long.  You like to move!  We shared a pretzel in the food court and neither of us could stop smiling.  I think your grin was from the cheesy pretzel but mine was entirely from you, and how amazing it felt to have you as my little buddy. 

Strike a pose!
After we shopped for some long sleeve shirts for you and a jacket for Mama, I stumbled upon some seriously cute boots for you. As always, when getting things for you, I'm looking for functionality over frill, but today - I hit the jackpot.  I had suspected this before, but after this photo I'm sure;  You are the cutest kid in the world. No, seriously.  EVER.       ----------------------------------------->>>

Halloween is coming up and we're so excited to take you around the neighborhood for the first time.  We're going to get your costume tomorrow!! We're working on the whole "trick or treat" concept, and so far you know how to hold your little pumpkin out and smile!   I have a feeling you're going to score some serious loot with that smile! :)

Everyday you're changing and become so much more independent.  You love to play and are always giggling.  It is so much fun just watching your little brain work.  You're such a smart little girl!  Even though I love watching you grow, sometimes I wish it would slow down.  It seems like just yesterday that I fed you all your bottles and spent most of the day just cuddling you.  Now, I'm lucky if I get a hug or two each day.  

I can't imagine my life without you.  There was a time when I wasn't sure if I'd know how to be a mother, or how to raise a little girl.  I worried constantly about how we'd bond and if we'd have a good relationship.  You have fulfilled me in a way I didn't know possible, and I can't imagine what I'd do without you.  You're my best friend, Grace, and I love you to the moon. :)

Love, 
Mama


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...