Monday, September 12, 2011

Grace had her 1 year check up today!  It was crazy looking back at her immunization records; seems like this year just flew by.  

Look at that face!
I always like to spoil Grace a little bit before she goes to the doctor's office, hoping she'll hate my less for holding her down while they give her shots. Today's appointment was a doozy.  Grace was schedule to receive her MMR, Chicken Pox, and Hep A vaccines.  I was hoping Grace didn't recognize the office and remember the horror of her past visits, but I don't think that was the case.  By the time we hit the elevator, Grace knew exactly what was up.

She was trooper and got great marks across the board.  But Grace knew that the end of the appointment was where the trouble was.  After many measurements and lots of prodding, it was time for Grace's three shots and a bonus blood test for good measure.  While they poked her relentlessly, I held her little arms down by her sides and watched her eyes fill with tears.  Grace wouldn't take her eyes off of me, making it that much harder for me to restrain myself from punching the nurse out.  Finally, after the last shot was done, Grace climbed up onto my chest and began to relax.  Needless to say, we were both THRILLED to walk out those doors.

By the time we got home, Grace was ready to crash.  I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this round of vaccinations, side effect wise, but so far things are fine.  It is hard to believe Grace is already so big.  Looking through her immunization and medical records,  I get a little nostalgic, but am so thankful that Grace is developing and growing so well!  But I will say, holding down my little girl while she gets shots doesn't get any easier as the appointments go.  :(

Fortunately we have a couple of more months before we're due for anymore shots, so I'm hoping Grace forgives me in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...