Thursday, February 9, 2012

Dear Grace,

You're officially 17 months old  and today, you drew blood.  An innocent shopping trip turned bio-hazard, nearly brought us both to tears.  Long story short, in what felt like a nano second, you unbuckled the shopping cart belt and pulled yourself to standing - using my bottom lip for support.  Its days like today that have me wondering if those "terrible twos" came a little early.  


Don't take it personally, but you're driving us a little crazy.  It has been discovered that your favorite new hobby involves electric outlet covers.  You think its the bomb to sneak around and unplug them and then hide them in various nooks and crannies.  You're a real jokester, Grace. Hey Safety 1st - thanks for nothin'!

In other news, you've had your first little taste of discipline this week, following yet another electric socket .   As much as I hate to scold you, I think its less aggressive than the electrocution your cruising for if this new hobby of yours keeps up.  I absolutely hate to get stern with you and try desperately to avoid it if possible.  You have an epic frown face that you seem to save specifically for our little discipline sessions.  It is safe to say that neither of us leave happy after these episodes.  You cry from the playpen and I sneak off to the bathroom and cry, too.


I'm really hoping that this will go down in the record books as one of those 'i might die if it stays this tough' days - but I'm preparing for the worst.  The good news, you've yet to be electrocuted and you're still all smiles, scolding or not.  Even on the most hellish weeks days, we wouldn't trade you for the world. We love you, G. 


Love, 
Mama

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, electric outlet covers! A little scolding is better than what could happen. Sounds like you've definitely been having an interesting week. When I read these types of posts by all of you fantastic mumma bloggers, my appreciation for my own mother gets greater and greater.

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...