Saturday, December 3, 2011

12/2 Balancing the Bullsh*t


Throughout my life, keeping a healthy balance between what I want to do and what I need to do has been a constant battle.  Some days, laying in bed all day, leaving only for bathroom breaks and to grab my fourth corn dog out of the microwave, is all I want to do.  Other days, I want to read - all.  freaking. day.  I want to get lost in the library, reading anything and everything I can get my hands on.  

Sadly, between my ever expanding ass, my steadily growing library fines, and a 15 month old little girl, these types of "me" days aren't often possible.  I frequently remind myself that perception is reality, and that if I tell myself that I love doing baby laundry and grocery shopping, that eventually I will love it.   As of right now, I'd rather eat glass than go Krogering with a toddler, but somebody has to do it so I'll bite the bullet.  


The definition of 'me time' has definitely evolved.  Now if I can score a couple of hours away to grocery shop, pump gas, and hit the bank without dragging a seriously pissed off toddler with me - I'm psyched. I'm fortunate enough to have a really supportive partner, who understands the routine care and watering of my mental health, and my need for moments away.  A couple of times a week, when he is off work early or has an afternoon off, he'll send me on my merry way.  The ease of which annoying tasks are completed sans toddler is incredible.  Things take half the amount of time and involve a whole lot less whining.  And the BEST part is coming home after a couple of hours of  'me' time, with renewed patience and groceries on my arm, to my little girl who is thrilled to see me.  For me, this is the truest form of balance.  All is calm, all is bright.  

Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...